- Principles and practices of First Aid
- Responsibilities of the First Aider
- Reporting and Recording including Hygiene Procedures.
- Open airway
- Treatment of conscious and unconscious casualty
- Resuscitation to include new guidelines
- Treatment of Choking Asphyxia / Hypoxia
- Treatment of Clinical Shock (bleeding & bandages)
- Treatment of burns and scalds and eye injuries
- Injuries to bones and muscles and spinal injuries
- Treatment of Head Injuries Concussion and Compression
- Treatment of Crush Injuries and Amputations
- Medical Conditions
- Recap on key points, feed back to all students
Certificate of Competence valid for three years& First Aid Industry Body Approved.
This course is suitable for organizations where a first aider is required to satisfy the needs of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. A risk assessment has been done and the business is deemed to be low to medium risk with 25 or less employees or lone workers