To prepare delegates to look carefully at their work activities and contribute to the development of safer methods and tasks in regards to manual handling and manual handling risk assessments.
On completion of this course, delegates should be able to:
- Explain what is meant by the term ‘manual handling’ and give examples.
- Explain how manual handling can cause injury and give examples.
- State the principles for controlling manual handling risks and apply these in a practical context.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the value and purposes of conducting a manual handling assessment and employee expectations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the main provisions of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations.